A set of three Excel macros are provided to generate a table of
genetic distances between selected haplotypes and to create an HTML
representation of the genetic distance table.
Download the GenDist.xls Excel file.
- GeneticDistanceOnly -- creates tight table of genetic distances
- GeneticDistanceWithCount -- same as above but with number of
common alleles for each calculated distance and number of alleles
tested for each haplotype
- HTMLGenDist_to_clipboard -- you can paste the table
into your web page editor
- Cut-and-paste haplotype grid from Ysearch DNA comparison page or
from FTDNA generated surname project page into an Excel worksheet
- Select the entire rows for the haplotypes of interest
- Run one of the GeneticDistance macros and a genetic distance table will
be displayed on a different worksheet
- Select the genetic distance table and run the HTMLGenDist_to_clipboard
macro to copy a HTML representation of the table to the Windows clipboard
- Paste the clipboard into your web page editor, save and view with your web browser
For more detailed instructions, please refer to the
"Old macros" section
at the bottom of this page
The genetic distances displayed here are a snapshot of the state of the McGee
DNA Surname Project when this page was created. See the latest at the
McGee DNA Results page.