Microfilm Imaging Contraption
Portable, can be taken to libraries or used at home.
These are the materials that I used for this contraption, but you could construct something similar with virtually any camera which support 35mm slide duplication.
- NIKON CoolPix 990 (AC or battery)
- NIKON ES-E28 SLIDE COPY ADAPT F/COOLPIX
- Handles from Indus microfilm reader (Model 4601-11)
- Visual Plus Portable Transparency Viewer 4 x 5 Inch (AC or battery)
- 3" PVC pipe coupling
- 3x2" PVC pipe bushing drilled to mount 1/4" steel bars
- 1/4" square steel bar, drill and tap for mounting and retaining screws and for securing microfilm handles
- 2 small pieces of 1/8" plexiglass cut to fit loosely, microfilm goes between them
- 8x or 12x Magnifying Loupe to identify microfilm images.
Book and Document Imaging
Great for taking to libraries or when visiting cousins.
- Testrite Mini Copy Stand - legs can unscrew to make more portable.
- Digital camera with close focusing (e.g. NIKON Coolpix 990) - Probably most digital cameras will do.
Page updated February 4, 2006